POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Release Candidate? What the ...?! : Release Candidate? What the ...?! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Release Candidate? What the ...?!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Apr 2002 11:12:52
Message: <3CBAEE0B.969FDF03@gmx.de>
I've just stumbled upon the title "release candidate" for
the new beta.

If this is just something like "Look guys, we're beginning
to wrap it all up, but expect at least 9 more candidates..."
then its all fine with me.

If this is like "About 2 more trial versions, and that's what ya
get...",
then I'm getting a little frustrated.

Using my Particle-System and using my mesh-macros
I've stumbled upon a problem with transparent/filtering
textures, in such a way, that a transparent object is
simply averaged with the background, or simply
vanishes.

I've got two responses to that from the community, one
from Peter Popov who actually checked the example I
submitted to the beta-binaries and confirmed the bug,

problem might have to do with degenerate triangles, though
that doesn't seem to be the case (since it happens with
blobs and other POV-primitives).

I'm not pointing at the POV-Team like "It's all your fault!", I'm
just expressing my frustration which this "release candidate" has
awakened in me. Anyone care to explain what it actually is
meant to mean?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde